From Gaming Asylum Wiki
Treasure hunting is a very profitable activity that involves great map knowledge.
To begin your career as a treasure hunter there are a few items you must obtain.
- Treasure Map: You must have a treasure map to hunt for treasure. You can get them from mining, wreck excavating or from other players.
- Vehicle: It is recommended to use a vehicle to travel around the island looking for the treasure chest.
Below outlines the steps to start doing treasure hunting on Altis.
- Open your treasure map and study the area surrounding the red 'X'.
- Locate the treasure chest marked by the red 'X' and claim your treasure.
- Sell your treasure to the nearest jewellery store.
- The treasure chest can only be looted if you have your treasure map on you.
- You can only hunt for one treasure chest at a time. Complete your current hunt to display a new map.
- Each treasure location is unique, it is not as simple as sharing treasure map locations with other players as before.
- Some treasure locations may be in dangerous red zones, be careful looking in these areas.