- 1 Guidebook Change Log
- 2 08/01/2019
- 3 06/22/19
- 4 10/3/18
- 5 1/6/18
- 6 11/17/17
- 7 9/16/17
- 8 9/10/17
- 9 8/20/17
- 10 8/05/17
- 11 7/17/17
- 12 07/03/17
- 13 05/11/17
- 14 04/11/17
- 15 03/07/2017
- 16 03/02/2017
Guidebook Change Log
This is dedicated to civilians who do not have access to police forums, If you are an officer please check http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/35-apd-policy-update/ for updates
- Removed mentions of Parole from Cadet guide
- Removed mentions of Parole from Rank guide
- Removed Pcts on main dashboard
- Added Verbage to sgt+ drone policy
- Updated Cadet RA failure policy
- Added Prison break to Ticket Guide
- Moved Abuse of BH hunter weapons to firearm offenses from criminal offenses
- Added TS must be muted to TS/Discord section of General Policies while blindfolded.
The Asylum Police Department has decided to take a stand against the cartels that flood our streets with illegal weapons and drugs.
After many years allowing these wars to continue we are taking the initiative to end the bloodshed.
Effective Immediately - Sergeant + can issue a raid on a contested or capped cartel.
There are factors to ensure our officers are protected while undertaking these daunting tasks.
1. YOU MUST have at least 1 armored vehicle (strider/hunter) to be the lead vehicle on approach. If NO armored vehicle is taken that Sergeant/Lieutenant is AWOL and will be demoted.
2. In order to receive back up there must be a surviving officer within 300m of the cap, IF THE OFFICER is killed while back up is enroute, the raid is considered over and any back up MUST resume normal duty.
3. You can take a helicopter to the cartel, it is NOT considered the last surviving officer if ground units are wiped. The helicopter must return to base if all ground units are wiped.
4. These raids can only be issued one time per Sergeant+ per server restart.
Assisted Kidnapping has been added as a charge.
This charge is worth 5k.
Do not stack this charge.
There will not be an option to add this charge using the scroll wheel. You may add other charges that equal to 5k. Do not tell them what charges you are adding. Just RP with them and explain that they are being charged with Assisted Kidnapping.
Not to long ago the rule on kidnapping changed. Here is the current rule from a previous policy update.
Kidnapping is only to be added to those who escort someone in restraints. This also applies to those we drive/fly/sail people in restraints as well.
This new charge is added to anyone involved with kidnapping that does not meet the criteria above. For example, two bounty hunters are inside Kavala HQ. Bounty hunter #1 downs two officers. Bounty hunter #2 restrains and escorts the officers out of the HQ. Another officer downs and restrains both bounty hunters. Bounty hunter #1 would be charged with Assisted Kidnapping for downing the officers. Bounty hunter #2 would be charged with two counts of Kidnapping for escorting both officers out of the HQ. Obviously this is a basic example. You will run into situations that will be more complicated. Use your best judgment when adding this charge. Do not add this charge to a civilian just because they are in a group with someone who is being charged with kidnapping. Make sure they are truly assisting.
New Rules of engagement for Helicopters (Hovering or Flying) for ground units*
Audible Sirens are no longer an acceptable form of initiation for helicopters.
From here onward - Officers of the APD are to initiate with helicopters that are hovering or flying by the following actions ONLY.***
- Text message to any occupants (Pilot, Co-Pilot, Passenger) with instructions
- Direct phone call to any occupants (Pilot, Co-Pilot, Passenger)
*Helicopter in pursuit of helicopter may use sirens to initiate
**There is only ONE exception to this new policy
Sirens may ONLY be used when a helicopter is Grounded or Spooling up (starting up).
***Warning shots still apply - please make sure to give ample time to change flight pattern
Please Remember Binoculars can be used to identify masked targets
- Added procedure for Constable/Corporal/Sergeant to retrieve an Active Shooter from a locked house in the House Raiding Policy.
- Civilians now found with grenades or suicide vests will be charged with possession of explosives.
- The conspiracy to commit terrorism charge has been removed.
- With the release of 8.0, there are a few APD policy changes to accommodate, one of the biggest ones is the new portable meth RV and what constitutes as probable cause.
- Seeing an RV with smoke coming out from the top gives probable cause to search the the vehicle and those in the immediate area.
- Seeing an RV with smoke coming out gives you probable cause to investigate and search regardless of the location. This is similar to how active pursuit operates since you can follow a suspect anywhere as long as you are in pursuit. E.G. Seeing smoke emit from an cartel/rebel, regardless if it is contested or not. There is no life rule to how many times you can respond to these situations, same as an active pursuit, we trust the officers to use their best judgement. If all the officers on scene die while fighting at a rebel/cartel and there is none left at that location, they cannot continue to return unless they obtain a new form of probable cause to head up there.
- Seeing an RV with smoke coming out next to a locked house gives you probable cause to search the RV/Suspect but NOT probable cause to conduct a house raid unless you observe him transporting the items from the smoking RV to the locked home or vice versa.
- If you catch a suspect who has already sold the illegal items from an RV and he/she is in possession of tainted money, you will charge him with the closest drug field like normal procedures as you are unaware if he/she used it for making meth or transporting different types of drugs.
- Officers that encounter a suspect at an RV emitting smoke MUST initiate with sirens/voice/text. Undercover officers are not required to initiate with suspects at an RV with smoke emitting from it.
- With the new rotating drug fields/processors, we have noticed there is a chance it may spawn next to a cartel.
- If a field/processor spawns next to a cartel, the officer will continue with normal police procedures and check the field/processor while ignoring the cartel. If the officer hears shots from the cartel or sees rebels AT the cartel, he is to ignore it. The only instance where an officer can engage with rebels at the cartel while he/she is checking the field/processor is if the rebels decide to openly engage the officers checking the field/processor. If the rebels do decide to engage, the officers are allowed to fire back and attempt to apprehend the suspects at the cartel ONLY if they fire at the officers first.
- Since the olden days, officers were able to explode vehicles next to homes to gain entry to barricaded suspects. Since the update that no longer allowed small arms fire to blow up vehicles, this was forgotten. Since a newer update turned houses in paper mache, officers have been using flashbangs/firearms to blow up locked homes. This new policy change will make it more clear when it is/isn't allowed to do so.
- If a suspect is barricaded inside a locked home that is actively shooting endangering the lives of others, Constables, Corporals and Sergeants, may purchase flashbangs to blow up the locked home to gain entry to the suspect shooting ONLY if there is no LT+ online. This can only be done if the suspect is SHOOTING from the home. If there is a locked suspect in a home who is not shooting at officers or civilians, you do not have cause to blow it up. The officers will have to resume normal procedures for suspects in locked homes or contact an offline LT to gain entry.
- Officers can ONLY use flashbangs to blow up locked homes to retrieve a suspect actively shooting. If an officer blows up a home using anything else besides a flashbang, it will fall under Misuse of APD equipment.
- If an officer blows up a house that does not follow these guidelines, he/she will be given 6 points for Unlawful home entry and removed from the APD. This will be added to the IA section of the WIKI. These points also applies to officers who search/seize the items of a crate/barrel after blowing up the home. Under no circumstance whatsoever is the officer supposed to interact with the crates/barrels. The only time crates can be seized/searched is if an LT conducts proper house raiding procedures.
- After observing how Senior staff activities are being handled, we decided to increase the LT cap back from 24 to 28.
- Kidnapping charge has been changed
- Kidnapping is only to be added to those who escort someone in restraints. This also applies to those we drive/fly/sail people in restraints as well.
- With these policy updates, there may be a few gray areas here and there. If you are uncertain, it is always best to ask an Captain/LT first before doing the wrong thing and getting points for it.
APD POLICY CHANGES
Since officers have not been able to show self-restraint, Officers are no longer able to use checkpoint items inside of Police HQS. They are to be used only for police checkpoints from this point forward. The minimum bounty amount required to HVT a suspect has been raised from 25 to 50k. If you have any questions regarding these changes, feel free to contact a Captain
APD POLICY CHANGES
Since we raised the minimum amount that would warrant probable cause, people have been able to get away with lockpicking/stealing vehicles without officers being warranted the right to search and seize illegal items off of the suspect. E.G. Lockpicks.
Individuals with charge(s) of Attempted Auto Theft or Grand Theft will automatically grant APD Officers probable cause regardless of their current bounty amount.
Individuals who are currently in the process or have already stolen a vehicle but do not have a bounty will grant APD Officers probable cause.
APD RULE/POLICY CHANGES
Weapons trafficking is getting a change as it should be only used for its actual name, the transport or selling of illegal firearms.
The weapons trafficking charge should only be applied to Individuals who transport or sell illegal firearms. This charge should not be applied for a fugitive that was caught with a couple firearms during a fight. Instances where it can apply for example, transporting/selling a large amount of purchased/made weapons to a home for storage. Weapons trafficking charge starts at the first 2 illegal weapons found and is stacked for each other illegal weapon found. (RPG Tubes included).
SENIOR STAFF CHANGES
Newly promoted SGT+ staff are unable to take an absence request for their first 2 months in office.
There are exceptions if important IRL issues arise, please contact a Captain about this who can assist you.
We have seen too often where newly promoted staff are putting in absence requests right after being promoted when they were put in that spot in the first place to assist the APD.
Absence requests submitted from this point forward may only last a max duration of 2 months. If you have to be absent from the position longer than 2 months, you will be required to vacate the position for someone else who can fulfill it in the meantime. Once you have returned from your extended leave of absence, you may contact a Captain about returning to the rank. If you fulfilled your duty during your time in that rank to the fullest, you should not worry about being denied your return to the rank.
Please note these absence request changes only apply to SGT+
If you have any questions or concerns about these policy updates, feel free to contact a Captain
NEW ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS FOR APD SENIOR STAFF
- 12 Activities per month
- 8 must be interviews
- Briefings will no longer be required as they have proven to be ineffective
- Sergeants now hold the responsibility of accepting/denying new applicants for the APD
- 8 Activities per month
- 3 must be a ride-along
- Sergeants can no longer be marked inactive and still hold the rank
- The Captains hold the right to demote Senior staff if it comes to the agreement that he/she is not actively contributing to the APD by holding his/her rank.
APD POLICY UPDATES/CHANGES
These changes are effective immediately
- Minimum civilian talents required to apply for the APD increased from 10 to 12.
- Possession of Medic Equipment added with Possession of Police Equipment in the ticket guide. e.g. A civilian who is not a paramedic wearing/owning a medic uniform or driving a Paramedic vehicle.
- Minimum time period to retake a Interview/Exam after failing will be 24 hours.
LT Cap reduced from 32 to 27.
New procedures for High Value Target (HVT) Processing. The first paragraph has been changed slightly to clarify an amount ($25k+). The procedure goes unchanged. This is updated in the APD Wiki processing guide.
High Value Targets (HVT's) are individuals with large bounties ($25k+) on their heads whose gang mates or associates may attempt to rescue them violently from police custody. Use the following procedure if you are processing a HVT. The $25k is subject to change, as new procedures may be developed in the future.
- The suspect should be notified they are being treated as an HVT.
- Inform the HVT that you will be issuing them a ticket first. They may refuse the ticket if they wish to explain their charges and roleplay.
- If the HQ comes under attack while discussing their charges, they will be sent straight to jail.
- If the HQ does not come under attack, process them normally.
- Based on their roleplay, issue another ticket, parole, or pardon.
Link to original
- Possession of Explosives - Is only to be added onto a suspect that is in possession of an RPG war head A.K.A Ammo and Speedbomb(s).
- Conspiracy to commit terrorism - Is only to be added onto a suspect that is in possession of a Suicide vest.
- Possession of illegal firearm - Is to be added for Frag grenade(s) and any illegal firearm. One charge shall be issued, even if the suspect has a grenade and a rifle.