Here is an exhaustive list of what can grant probable cause (the right to search a person and their vehicle without consent). Keep in mind, there may be gray area situations which will grant probable cause that do not fall under this list.
- Seeing a person inside of an illegal area
- Seeing a vehicle inside of an illegal area
- A suspect with a bounty of $2,500 or more
- Attempted Auto Theft charge ($500)
- Grand Theft charge ($1,500)
- Seeing a civilian attempt to lockpick a vehicle, but does not currently have a charge
- A civilian driving a vehicle not registered to them
- A civilian carrying an illegal firearm (holstered or actively carrying)
- A civilian driving an illegal vehicle:
- Offroad (HMG)
- Qilin Minigun
- Jeep Minigun
- A suspect fleeing from an officer, either on foot or in a vehicle
- A civilian admitting to a crime
- Admission to possessing illegal contraband
Note: A civilian incriminating someone other than themselves does not grant probable cause on another person.
- Seeing an RV/Moonshine Lab emitting smoke will grant probable cause on the vehicle and any person the vehicle is registered to.
Keep in mind that the immediate area surrounding an RV/Moonshine Lab emitting smoke is considered an illegal area.
- A civilian driving around a manned checkpoint to avoid going through it
Note: civilians have the right to do a 180° turn to avoid a manned checkpoint.
- Any individual found inside the Federal Reserve
- Any individual on the Bank of Altis peninsula
- Any individual on the island or the bridges approaching the Prison of Altis
Offroading by itself does not grant probable cause. Officers may perform a traffic stop and question the suspect about their offroading.
- If a suspect gives any role play reason as to why they are offroading, probable cause is not granted
- If the suspect does not give any role play reason as to why they are offroading, probable cause is granted
Civilians who enter police headquarters will grant probable cause. The civilian must enter a police headquarters themselves, and not by other means.
Other means includes:
- Being brought into headquarters in bounty hunter restraints with no prior probable cause
- Being brought into headquarters in police handcuffs with no prior probable cause
- Being brought into headquarters in the passenger seat of a vehicle (tell the civilian to leave headquarters and if they do not leave then you gain probable cause).